Hello, my name is CQ and I need help...You see, I'm totally obsessed with Formula One and Ferrari...As I said before, I need help...

Monday, April 10, 2006

So Melbourne's a part of my history...now what??!!

Hello to all you wonderful folks again!!

Am just trying to wrap up my account of the Melbourne GP, so I thought I'd just put down a couple of my very random views on life post-Melbourne...

1) I wanna go back to Melbourne...like seriously...I do!!! F1 or not, it seems so much more inviting than Perth...Am bogged down with uni and assignments at the moment and none of them are doing any favours for my enthusiasm or motivation levels...Besides that, I've been snapping at everybody and have not really been a happy camper since I got back...I wanna go back to Melbourne!!

2) I am such a fanatic of Formula One that although I went in person for the Melbourne GP, I actually got one of my aunt's to record the entire coverage of Channel Ten, so that I wouldn't miss a moment of the F1 weekend...Was damn pissed off though when I saw that Ralf had actually been to the Essendon vs. Sydney AFL game (WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO TO THAT DAMN GAME!!! In fact, we hadn't really heard about it until we were returning from the track on the tram and then we were thinking..."Oh yeah, we should have gone to see Essendon play...Ah wells!!") DAMN!!! What were we doing???? How did we miss that???!! *sigh* Am damn cheezed off!!

3) I was watching the aforementioned video re-run of the post-race conference yesterday and I loved the bit right at the start of the conference where the journalist was introducing the drivers

"...Ralf Schumacher from Toyota, Kimi Raikkonen from Team Mclaren Mercedes and getting his "first" win for Renault this season...Fernando Alonso from Renault..."

At this point Kimi turned to face Fernando who returned his gaze and both had these huge beaming smiles on their faces...Nothing was said between the two title contenders, but I can so imagine what they were thinking...

Kimi (smiling): "First??? Wasn't it your second, man?? So wish it wasn't, but still, it sure ain't your first win in 2006...He's got it soooo wrong!!"

Fernando (returning Kimi's smile): "He's got it soooo wrong!! It is my second one dammit...can see that you've realized that too Kimi...good work!!"

That little exchange was nice to see...Kimi is not as rigid as I initially assumed him to be...

4) Life goes on...Melbourne is done and over with...Hopefully this was just the start of a series of GP's that I will be attending in the future...Looking forward to it!! In the meantime, I shall satisfy myself with the fact that Imola is two weeks away (I'm suffering from severe withdrawl symptoms already!!) and that I have my final year project and 1000 other stress initiators to keep me company until then...


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic girls.....all these make me so envy of the trip. The cars and babes......when would I have the money to attend?

Mon Apr 10, 09:14:00 PM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

Anonymous: Haha...the only consolation I can give you is that we've waited damn long for this trip (mainly becoz of the finances situation)...Once you save enough though...seriously, go for it...The full GP experience is worth it!!

Mon Apr 10, 10:05:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

babe! blog.. dammit. hahahhaha. no news a'tall?

Thu Apr 13, 09:13:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home