Hello, my name is CQ and I need help...You see, I'm totally obsessed with Formula One and Ferrari...As I said before, I need help...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

OCD?

Hello all!!

I was having a conversation with a friend in the recent past, when she mentioned that she thought that she had OCD...Well, that actually got me thinking...I've always thought that I was a bit different, but now I've come to the conclusion that maybe I can blame it all on OCD...Or maybe, I'm AM just plain weird...you decide...

My reasons for believing that I have obsessive-compulsive disorder:

1) When I was younger, around 7 years old, I had this phase which lasted for quite some time...It was my full "can't-get-feet-dirty-they-must-be-spotless" phase...See...in hindsight, I think that is just abnormal for a 7 year old kid...Like seriously, which kid wants to stay clean??!! NONE!! Me on the other hand had to be different, and so every time my feet got dirty from playing or whatever, I would leave the game halfway through, go wash my feet and come out to play again...Don't think that did favours for my popularity...*sigh* I sure had issues to deal with then!! Not really sure that all of them have gone away now that I've grown up either!!

2) My magic numbers- Right, now this might sound weird to all you normal people out there, but I brush my teeth in 54 strokes...54 strokes while brushing my teeth on the right (inside and outside), 54 on the left...upper and lower jaw...well, you get the idea...You see, 54 is my magic number when it comes to brushing...It can't be 53...or 55 for that matter!!! They just don't feel "right"...I also have another magic number, viz 5...I use it whenever it feels "right"...

3) Cracks- Now whenever I think of this, I think of Monk...you know, the obsessive-compulsive TV detective guy...he has serious problems with road cracks and the like...I don't have as many issues as he does, except when it comes to the pathway between uni and my student housing...You see, this pathway is nice and winding, and its made of cement/concrete...It was nice and smooth until they decided to spoil it by dividing the entire road into "sections"...So now whenever I cross these sections, and I can actually be bothered noticing them, I find that I can't step on them...I actually pace my steps so that I either start my step before the "line" and cross from zone 1 into zone 2, but never step on the forbidde
n dividing line itself...

After writing this blog, I'm actually contemplating whether I should really publish it or not...Thing is, I spent precious time writing this, but I don't want to be a loner coz people think that I'm weird...Not like too many people visit my blog anyways, but that's not the point...Continue being my friends, ok?? :(

I'm not weird...just different...

Arrivederci!

14 Comments:

Blogger pj said...

you're weird.

Thu Apr 20, 02:16:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

haha!

Thu Apr 20, 02:16:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

but in anycase, yes that does sound like OCD, you should get yourself checked out.

But your OCD does not sound like the type that puts you in a depression, so you can rest assured you are STILL NORMAL.

obviously, you are still mad to me.

Thu Apr 20, 02:17:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

also, OCD is a good thing - it regulates your life and gives you order and stability.

Did you know I always always step on the lines when I cross the road? Even if there's a car coming right at me, I'll insist on stepping on ALL the cracks.

But in any case, even if you do drop into a depression, there is NOTHING THAT PROZAC CANNOT FIX.

Thu Apr 20, 02:18:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

yeah, u're alright.

just remember to take life with a pinch of salt. :)

Thu Apr 20, 02:19:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

so go on, overdose on the drugs.

:) happy drugs are good.

Thu Apr 20, 02:19:00 PM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

Heya PJ!! Wasn't really sure if I should take comfort from your comments or not, hey!! I am not weird, dammit!!! *still in denial!* You are still my friend, right?? :)

Hahaha...anyways, yeah, I think I do have obsessive-compulsive tendencies, but it doesn't bother my daily routine as much, so I'm not too concerned...Loved ur Prozac comment!! :)

Arrivederci babe and update ur blog soon dammit!!

Thu Apr 20, 03:13:00 PM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

Leenz, you are pure evil!!! Bloody hell...that was supposed to be a "attract-self-pity" blog...dammit!!! That idea backfired, didn't it?? *kicking myself for publishing this blog* :(

Anyhoos, yeah man...I still have issues...I said that I wasn't sure that all my issues had gone away now that I was older...Haha...anyways, you are weird too...so I'm in good company :)

Thu Apr 20, 09:15:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

no no you two are weird..

ahahahha! but it takes a weird person to recognize another, so i guess i'm not too hot myself.

haha!

we're weird!

Fri Apr 21, 11:49:00 AM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

Leenz, I feel sad now :( I'm not a bitch!! Sorry if I offended you, yeah...

Sat Apr 22, 01:21:00 PM

 
Blogger pj said...

hahahahahhhahaha!!

Sun Apr 23, 08:46:00 AM

 
Blogger pj said...

linda: you know I would not be offended anyways.

and chris: maaaan, you're weird! offended her? whaaa?

Sun Apr 23, 08:46:00 AM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

I dunno man!! You'll bully me ALL the time!!! Half the time, you'll make up stories and mislead my naive mind...And you'll call yourselves my friends *tsk tsk* :)

Just making sure that I've not stepped over any fine/red lines...

Adios amigos!!

Sun Apr 23, 01:20:00 PM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

Leenz: I know that you lurve to pick on me hey!!! Am being bullied by you all the time!! All the time, I say!!!

And in reply to your question, I am not a bitch hey (at least not all the time)!! I do care about other ppl's feelings, its just a question of who the person is...You and PJ are good friends of mine, and the last thing I want to do is offend you'll...And seriously, if I ever offend either of you'll, please let me know...I can be very insensitive and oblivious at times...

Bye bye!!

Mon Apr 24, 03:21:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home