Hello, my name is CQ and I need help...You see, I'm totally obsessed with Formula One and Ferrari...As I said before, I need help...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Why does writing a thesis have to be so difficult?

Hello all!!

Its amazing as to how my words just flow when I'm blogging, but seem to run headfirst into a brick wall when I try to start writing my thesis...I've been sitting down in front of my computer with the intention of starting on my masterpiece for ages now, but every single time, I run into starting problems...

Like seriously, how do you start writing a damn thesis...? Where do you start? (The intro seems an obvious choice, but its too thought provoking!!). And, do I have to be "in the mood" for writing my thesis? I mean, this is IT...this is my final piece of work which is supposed to prove that I'm a worthy graduate...So, what if all that I'm writing, is in actual fact, just crap!! I haven't started writing it yet, but I really want to, coz with every day that goes by, I feel more and more pressured and I think the time when I start hyperventilating and have frequent panic attacks is not too far off...I'm so scared :(

Besides that, well, self-doubt is creeping in...When I first joined uni, I had all these dreams of achieving fame and grandeur...now I'm afraid that those were only illusions...I feel like I'm lost and trying to find my way home through thick fog, not knowing when I'm going fall into a crevice and die...Am being a bit melodramatic, but hell, I don't care!!

Anyhoos, coming back to my thesis, I've satisfied myself so far by opening up a new Word document and setting my page margins, paragraph justification and line spacing...But that first word is still reluctant to be put on paper...

*sigh* I really, really want to do this right...I just don't know how or where to begin...

Hopefully all this rambling on will help me get a deeper insight into getting this document done and over with...Wish me luck!! I think I'm gonna need heaps of it!! Say a small prayer for me while you're at it...I've already said one for myself...

Ciao!

2 Comments:

Blogger pj said...

hey babe.. well i've never written a thesis before, but i reckon the gist of it is to express YOUR thoughts on a topic meaningful to you, basing your account on facts and figures. now, the facts and figures part is the easy bit - that's just research.
thinking of what u wanna say.. well now that really depends on you.

:) cheer up! i know you can do it!

Wed Apr 19, 09:01:00 AM

 
Blogger ferrarista said...

Awww...thanks babe!! I'm very proud to let you know that I have started writing the damn thing...Got 2 pages so far, but hell!! Its a start, ain't it?? Am just worried that its gonna sound/read like crap!! Am working on it though...Thanks for your support and for visiting my blog often!! :) Looking forward to your next post...

Arrivederci!

Wed Apr 19, 01:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home